Coating MC Aluminum Fenders

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
What have y’all used? Was leaning toward Monstaliner but also considering Line-x (but super pricey at $100 per flare) powder coat or just plain old paint.

I have the steel hardline fenders and coated mine with the monstaliner. I choose the monstaliner over the line-x and rhino because it can hold up better to the sun Uv. I ve had on my fenders for 6 months now holding up great havent had any problems with it. If u have any questions they answer all ur questions if u call them great company.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Raptorliner is a great option as well and is very cost effective. If all else fails...blast. Epoxy, and urethane them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Raptor line. So I had raptor lined my hardtop and Poison Spyder Rear tire carrier 3 years ago and it is still holding up great. Very durable and definitely looks better bedliner.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just talked to their rep actually. Buy their epoxy primer then top coat with the raptor liner clean the surface off with 150 grit sandpaper so to create a bite for the primer to stick then wipe down with a wax and grease remover. Prime away

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
Got them powder coated in a very light texture black. They look awesome.

Was going to install the front today but was. Missing the hardware bag. Even though I got them new in the box, but second hand, Metalcloak is sending me the hardware free of charge. [emoji106][emoji106]

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Got them powder coated in a very light texture black. They look awesome.

Was going to install the front today but was. Missing the hardware bag. Even though I got them new in the box, but second hand, Metalcloak is sending me the hardware free of charge. [emoji106][emoji106]
Awesome. Post up some pics when you get time. I need to get my rockers redone and I’m hoping to find a match to the metalcloak powder. Since puffing on new fenders, the rockers look like absolute hell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
RCW is a Huntsville area Jeep Group. Monthly trail rides and monthly Meet-n-greets. Look for it on FB.

Last edited: