Gearing

jknic

Jeep Newb
07 jkur mc 3.5 gc automatic superchips td2 with 35in stt pros going to 37's within a year. I live in Michigan. It's an hour or more drive to the places that I wheel. Silver lake sand dunes, rocks and valleys, drummond island, badlands, and lots of trails. 5.13 or 5.38?
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I would lean towards the 5:13’s. The pinion is very small on the 5:38’s for a D44.

The gearing could also change depending on motor and transmission. If it’s a daily driver you may want to go 4:88’s. Will still be enough for 37’s and especially 35’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what you are driving.
On my 14 Rubi X I had 4:10s stock and I ran 37"s and Rock Crawled here in Arizona.
I was fine with that set up but to do it correctly you are going to spend $10 grand.

If you have a Sport or a D30 in front anything that starts with a 5 is too big to work well.
Buck up and buy a D44 or an after market axle.
I would just go ahead and swap both axles out and be done with it.
I think the Dana 60's from Mopar for $10 grand is a good way to go for you.
That way you won't be doing it over and spending the money twice to get what you need.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
If you have a Sport or a D30 in front anything that starts with a 5 is too big to work well.
Buck up and buy a D44 or an after market axle.
I would just go ahead and swap both axles out and be done with it.
I think the Dana 60's from Mopar for $10 grand is a good way to go for you.
That way you won't be doing it over and spending the money twice to get what you need.
Agreed[emoji1318] but if your never going to run over 37’s D44’s will work fine. Then again....60’s are the bomb and everyone loves 40’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk