Jackhammer Build

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Been needing to do this for several years, but have just been too lazy. My rig is a 2015 JKUr Hard-Rock. Here is a list of parts purchased and want list.

What's been Done:

17" Slabs
37" MT's, but need replaced
Gen-Right Fusion Stubby Aluminum Rear Bumper
Poison Spyder Tire Cage
Hi Lift
ViAir Compressor w/Tank
Warn Power Plant HD
Metalcloak stubby w/full stinger
Metalcloak Rocker Rails
Metalcloak Bump Stops
Metalcloak Evap Relo and sPod mount
Knock-Off sPod
Lots of cheap lights
Evo Skid Plate System
Solid diff cover for rear
DVD Head Unit

NEED:

Heavy Duty Steering linkage and tie rod(mine is bent)
Redneck Ram
Metalcloak 4.5" lock-n-load Game Changer
Front and Rear Drive Lines
Teraflex Full Float Conversion(fits my needs)
Metalcloak Overline Narrow Fenders and body Armor
UnderCloak Armor
38" tires(once full float is done)
Re-Gear to 5:13's
Metalcloak Diff Covers
New Top-want Trek Top Pro
Fire Extinguisher
Rear Deck Cover(something rigid to strap stuff to)
Synthetic Rope for Winch
Snatch Block
Spyder-Lock Rings
Sport Cage

....and Money lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pthorpe84

Staff member
traded in this for...
introducing Jackhammer. I'm a big fan of Coheed and Cambria. I thought this name was fitting per the comic and off-road.

One Among The Fence

Any reason you are going with the Lock-N-Load Long arm over the 4 link? And which DVD Head unit did you go with, as that is one of the next upgrades on mine.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
first thing I did was take it to Windrock and put give it a mud mask. Haven't even got plates for it yet!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
first real mod was trading my Rubicon wheels for a set of AEV's. Big thanks to Jason at Rock Your 4x4 for the swap.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Any reason you are going with the Lock-N-Load Long arm over the 4 link? And which DVD Head unit did you go with, as that is one of the next upgrades on mine.
Honestly I have always been intrigued by the lock and load ever since I saw it on a TJ. I'm also a fan of doing things a bit different. Hence the full float kit from Teraflex. But it also fits my needs.

As far as the head unit, it's mopars RBZ 430. I got it for $150 and it still had Sirius subscription. Works great. If I had the money, I would go with the Alpine unit made for the Jeep. It's incredible.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
next up I sold my HR bumpers to get aftermarket. Purchased a hi-lift and sadly traded my hard top for a soft top and cash. Really wish I wouldn't have, but it did pay for the tire cage.

Gotcha! I personally run the 4 Link Rocksport Edition kit was the only reason for asking haha. I will have to look into that head unit you found, I like the Alpine but man the cost is crazy!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Poison Spyder tire Cage, Gen-Right Fusion Stubby bumper made of aluminum. Like the bumper, but wish I had a bit more protection on my corners. I guess once I get fenders I will have the armor.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Gotcha! I personally run the 4 Link Rocksport Edition kit was the only reason for asking haha. I will have to look into that head unit you found, I like the Alpine but man the cost is crazy!
Yeah it is stupid expensive. Our neighbor has one and the interface is out standing. I just kept watching the classifieds and Craigslist for the RBZ. Finally found a guy who just wanted to pay it forward. I have seen similar deals since getting mine.

The 4 link is nice. Don't get me wrong. There are Plus and minus to both systems. At the end of the day...I guess I'm kookie and want to be a little different. I also like proving the "negative guys" wrong...

Pthorpe84

Staff member
this will cause....
this on 3 of 4 wheels, and then leads to this....
one of many bent control arms and mounts....one of the problems of running no lift.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
after a late late night I got the Metalcloak bumper, full stinger, and my new to me Warn Power Plant HD WOOT!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
dont remember when I put these on, but I did have a picture of where a rock sheared off a bolt. Was a super easy fix. Bolt came right out and I put a new one in.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
found a deal on these. Blasted the rings and coated them with some red urethane
crushed the stocker and replaced with Evo and....
broke my nose in the process. Nothing like a slipped wrench to the face!

Pthorpe84

Staff member
finally got some new to me 37's. Will get me by for a little while longer.
finally got a new spare37X13.50r17 Toyo MT and made a rear tail light out of the old one.