JKU Rear Sway Bar

Pthorpe84

Staff member
How much with the feel of the Jeep change if I remove my rear sway bar? I’m wanting to do this before the MJ Adventure, but I don’t want to create big problems. I’m running a 3.5” game changer with rocksports. I appreciate any real world feed back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
We took ours off on the JK when lifted. I never had it on lifted so I cannot tell you the difference.

My suggestion, remove it and try it for a while. There are only six bolts holding it on.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
We took ours off on the JK when lifted. I never had it on lifted so I cannot tell you the difference.

My suggestion, remove it and try it for a while. There are only six bolts holding it on.
May give it a shot. Could be something I do here before heading to Moab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
You can take it off with minimal impact, but depends on what other mitigation you did, And don't go thinking you can still run 90mph on the freeway
I couldn’t afford the gas to go 90 mph lmao!

I decided to just leave it on. I didn’t see any restriction while running it last week. I will eventually replace it with a anti-rock.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I been wondering the same thing. I’m also headed toward the Anti-Rock.
I think it’s the best option. It’s also the one upgrade I have seen on all crawlers. Dirtman has a cool ass set up on his. I would like to see his all twisted up. Guy made all obstacles looks too easy.

I took my rear sway bar off about 3 months ago. I have gone though several winding mountain passes without any issues. I don't plan on putting my rear sway bar back on. I have also seen a rear sway bar destroy a hard brake line.