JL truck - Gladiator - pics & details released

Matsonian

Administrator
Staff member
Considering it is running the Gladiator Name.... I was hoping it would be more like the Concept JK they had at Moab...

jeep-gladiatorconcept2.jpg

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I am not a fan. Way too much sheet metal behind the rear wheels. It will not be a practical off road rig and way top expensive to compete with the colorado or tacoma. I will wait to see the final rig, but as of now its not for me. Thanks for the link Lone Wolf.

Considering it is running the Gladiator Name.... I was hoping it would be more like the Concept JK they had at Moab...

View attachment 1594
Frankly, I see much production-minded compromise in this. I get the automaker's need to find efficiencies and shared components, but styling cues like the odd lower rear door (which works on the Wrangler, where there's a fender to run alongside) and the fender crossing the bed-body gap (presumably a result of using a shared frame) present as a haphazard lack of effort. I really want to like this JT; I hope (a) there's a two-door or extended-cab option and (b) that it's extremely successful. But, I'm already concerned. We'll see.