Tow Rigs - Old versus New

So I believe this will be a subjective question, but what is everyone’s thoughts on having an old versus new tow rig? I use a ‘95 F250 with 0 issues for my needs.

We use a Chevy 1500. We have had 0 issues with it, other than it is gas, and we are slow going up the big hills.

I have used my Dad's F350 once, it is was night and day difference.

Todd

JeepnDel

Administrator
Staff member
My 31 year old tow truck, my Ford F250 4x4 finally died at 21,000 miles of hard use. So NOT that old; but old can be gold.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
My 31 year old tow truck, my Ford F250 4x4 finally died at 21,000 miles of hard use. So NOT that old; but old can be gold.
21k miles! It died cause you didn't Drive it lol

I am a big fan of the early 90's Super Duty's. I have seen a surge here lately of them being restored with a touch of modern. Old saying is, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

TJDon

Wrench guy
I’ve had a ‘97 CTD, it was loud and I was always concerned about the trans holding up. It was a solid truck but Chrysler transmissions suck👎
Had a 2006 CTD and loved it till 2008-9 crash
Now have a 2017 CTD and it’s a nice truck. The creature comforts are nice. Fuel mileage isn’t great compared to a 5.9 and to be honest.....truck payments just suck! I’d love to get rid of it and suffer for a bit to eventually pay cash for a 5.9 Cummins