When to wave...

Pthorpe84

Staff member
So I had to take my jeep today for work and realized I only wave at other wranglers. So is the wave only only to be used with other Wrangler drivers? Or is the wave for any off-road set up jeep? I.e. XJ, KJ, or any other form of "J" as long as it's been modified.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will automatically wave at any Wrangler.
If another Jeep waves at me, I will wave back.
I know, a little uppity these days.

It should be, "It's a Jeep thing, so wave!"

Todd

I only wave to those who mod their rig, or wave at me. I know what you're thinking​... but if you aren't going to personalize your ride, its just transportation to you. And if you don't care about your jeep... I don't wave first. But, I will always return a wave. I have a WK, btw. Pic for attention... its an old one and need to take more.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I now own a 2006 TJ that has a 4" lift and is pretty sweet with a cage.... and a 2016 with a 3" lift and almost as equally tricked out.

Everyone waves to me in the 2006. The same people who would wave to my in the 2006 don't in the new jeep.

I would say 25% of people wave to the new jeeps. My wife thinks it is creepy because put a blonde with long hair in the drivers seat and even more people wave.

So odd.

In the old jeep I wave to all. In the new Jeep I look for mods so I am not the creeper waving to everyone.

I wave to just about every Wrangler I see and any other jeep that's not stock or waves first. But just a tip for everyone that likes to travel...If you ever go to Hawaii and rent a jeep for the week don't bother waving lol every third vehicle I met was a JK/JKU (maybe an exaggeration but probably close) and 99% of them were rentals Like the Sahara we were in...not a single wave back all week. After the first day of waving I stopped waving to every Jeep and then only waved at the ones I could tell weren't rentals, still no one waved back lol

I now own a 2006 TJ that has a 4" lift and is pretty sweet with a cage.... and a 2016 with a 3" lift and almost as equally tricked out.

Everyone waves to me in the 2006. The same people who would wave to my in the 2006 don't in the new jeep.

I would say 25% of people wave to the new jeeps. My wife thinks it is creepy because put a blonde with long hair in the drivers seat and even more people wave.

So odd.

In the old jeep I wave to all. In the new Jeep I look for mods so I am not the creeper waving to everyone.
Thank you BRIAN. I also own a ‘15 modified JK along with our modified ‘05 LJ and now I understand who I wave at. Lol.

It's a Wrangler thing. I wave to all other Wranglers, and the only group that I don't get near 100% recirprocation is stock JKU's.

That said, any modified Jeep that looks trail-ready gets the wave.

O_E

the wave

I have a trail ready 79 CJ5. I wave at them all. If they don't wave back, I figure they are just along for the ride. There are a lot of "trail ready" JK's out there that are pavement princesses and would not know a trail if they saw one. I feel bad for the Jeep and contempt for the driver (Jeep abuse) but, you really don't know so, they all get the wave.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
My problem is that when I’m in my work car.....I catch myself waving at Jeeps.....then feel like a dummy....

I always wave to Wranglers. I've never been waved at by a non-Wrangler, so I assumed they don't participate. I've never passed an off-road ready non-Wrangler on the road, though.